[racket] Engineering Tradeoffs of ANF transforms and the Stateless Server

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Dec 30 17:30:29 EST 2011

BTW, when I say "load-balancing" here, I don't mean only between
physical hosts or virtual hosts, but also among processes on the same
multi-CPU/core physical machine.

If you are running dedicated server hardware, and you're CPU-bound, each
CPU/core can service a separately-GC'd server process, so long as you
can add and address enough RAM to divide up.  This is true whether or
not you put each server in a VM or in the same OS.  In addition to
letting the host OS do most of the worrying how about how to best
leverage multiprocessing, the consequently smaller heaps might also be
faster to GC.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/