[racket] raco auto - automatically compile dependencies

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 8 17:43:46 EST 2011

I created a new tool for raco called 'auto' and put it on github. The purpose of the tool is to automatically compile dependencies and make sure they are in sync with their source.

https://github.com/kazzmir/raco-auto

A new zo will be created in the following cases
  * no zo exists
  * source .rkt file is newer than the zo
  * zo fails to load (usually because it was compiled by an older version of racket)

Use Sam's 'raco git' tool to install or just check it out and 'raco link' it. There are more instructions on the git page.

I tried for a long time to make this tool and kept failing one way or another. It seems like it finally works. Ultimately my goal is never to have to run 'make install' ever again!

Posted on the users mailing list.