[racket] doubly linked list lib

From: Marijn (hkBst at gentoo.org)
Date: Wed Aug 31 05:46:34 EDT 2011

Hi Laurent,

On 08/30/11 09:18, Laurent wrote:
> Thank you very much for this nice intermediate solution, though I need
> constant-time append, split, insert, remove, + pointers to items, etc.
> Mutation does seem unavoidable, right.

I implemented a doubly-linked list, not so long ago, connected to a GUI
that can insert and delete items and saw no way to make the list
functional with multiple simultaneous editors in the GUI. The
implementation is as a straightforward cyclical doubly-linked list. I
toyed with the idea of having a separate handle object to represent the
list versus just the nodes, and there are some rudiments of that left in
the code, but in the end the user code uses a special 'top element to
indicate where the cyclical list is supposed to start.

Good luck,

Marijn