[racket] future

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 29 16:34:21 EDT 2011

At Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:22:14 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> as-current-continuation? as-output-file*? as-output-bytes? There are a
> lot of these. Is someone up for going through the list sorting this
> out properly?

To me, `as-thread' and `as-future' indicate forms that produce a thread
and a future, respectively. I don't think the ones you're listing here
fit into that pattern.

More generally, I agree that the `with-...' function names are
unfortunate, while I'm not convinced that all the `call-with-...'
functions need syntactic-form variants (but, for ones that do, a
`with-' binding form seems likely the way to go).