[racket] future

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Aug 29 15:51:20 EDT 2011

20 minutes ago, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> I like it.
>
> I'm afraid I just don't understand Eli's response to this...

It's unrelated to the name: you see `as-thread' and `thread',
`as-future' and `future', and you learn the difference.  Then you see
`as-delay' and you get surprised that `delay' is not expecting a
thunk.

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> > How about an `as-' prefix?
> >
> >  (as-thread ....)
> >  (as-future ...)
> >  (as-delay ...)

BTW, two more points: `dynamic-wind' (probably a non-issue given that
what's really needed is a better form).  But the other point is
`with-output-to-file', which is probably the #1 of these forms that I
still trip over.  (It's actually the main reason I've generally
switched to the less confusing `call-with-' forms.)