[racket] Thoughts on Overeasy

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 28 18:05:10 EDT 2011

On Aug 28, 2011, at 1:02 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> I don't see what's wrong with using `dynamic-wind' directly:
>
>  (dynamic-wind setup
>                (λ () (test ...))
>                teardown)
> It has a huge advantage of already being there, separate from the the
> testing facility, and I didn't see any use that needs something
> special.

The Java people argue so too and force people to use the command pattern for all exn-triggering tests. Isn't the sheer presence of a macro system an indication that Racketeers don't want this kind of syntactic repetition? See the future-lambda email thread for the same idea. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.