[racket] Module docs

From: Mark Carter (mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 28 14:13:57 EDT 2011

Hi. I zapped everything I could see and installed Racket 5.1.3.  I also made sure I eliminated by PLTCOLLECTS environment variable, and any place that DrRacket looks in for modules. I used mklink on Win 7 to create a hard link from
   C:\Users\mcarter\AppData\Roaming\Racket\5.1.3\collects\carali
to the true location on my hard disk.

I can load and use my carali collection fine.

Then I typed
   raco setup
which took a long time, and seemed to reprocess many things. Towards the end, it printed the message
MysterX: Unable to register library myspage.dll
MysterX: Unable to register library myssink.dll
I don't know what that's about. Maybe I didn't have admin privileges from the console I used?

It seemed that the help system did find my library correctly, and even the functions that I documented.

I then typed:
   raco setup scribblings/main
It processed for awhile, but it seems that the help documentation cannot find my carali library again. I don't think it processed it, because when I examined the output, I couldn't see mention of carali. I did a text search of redirected output - and it wasn't there. Below, I paste the results of running the command above.

raco setup: version: 5.1.3 [3m]
raco setup: variants: 3m
raco setup: main collects: c:\Racket\collects
raco setup: collects paths:
raco setup:   C:\Users\mcarter\AppData\Roaming\Racket\5.1.3\collects
raco setup:   c:\Racket\collects
raco setup: --- pre-installing collections ---
raco setup: --- compiling collections ---
raco setup: making: racket
raco setup: --- parallel build using 2 processes ---
raco setup: making: scribblings/main
raco setup: making: scribblings/main/private
raco setup: making: scribblings/main/user
raco setup: --- updating info-domain tables ---
raco setup: updating: info-domain/compiled/cache.rktd
raco setup: --- creating launchers ---
raco setup: --- building documentation ---
raco setup: WARNING: duplicate tag: (index-entry (mod-path "games/cards"))
raco setup:  in: c:\Racket\collects\games/cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup:  and: c:\Racket\collects\games\cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup: WARNING: duplicate tag: (index-entry (part ("(lib games/cards/cards.scrbl)" "Table_Methods")))
raco setup:  in: c:\Racket\collects\games/cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup:  and: c:\Racket\collects\games\cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup: WARNING: duplicate tag: (meth (((lib "games/cards.rkt") card<%>) copy))
raco setup:  in: c:\Racket\collects\games/cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup:  and: c:\Racket\collects\games\cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup: WARNING: duplicate tag: (index-entry (part ("(lib games/cards/cards.scrbl)" "Creating_Tables_and_Cards")))
raco setup:  in: c:\Racket\collects\games/cards\cards.scrbl
raco setup:  and: c:\Racket\collects\games\cards\cards.scrbl

<snip>

raco setup:  in: c:\Racket\collects\scribblings/tools\tools.scrbl
raco setup:  and: c:\Racket\collects\scribblings\tools\tools.scrbl
raco setup: WARNING: duplicate tag: (def ((lib "drracket/tool-lib.rkt") drracket:debug:show-backtrace-window))
raco setup:  in: c:\Racket\collects\scribblings/tools\tools.scrbl
raco setup:  and: c:\Racket\collects\scribblings\tools\tools.scrbl
raco setup: rendering: scribblings/main/start.scrbl
raco setup: rendering: scribblings/main/search.scrbl
raco setup: rendering: scribblings/main/getting-started.scrbl
raco setup: --- installing collections ---
raco setup: --- post-installing collections ---

Posted on the users mailing list.