[racket] Fw: Building docs

From: Mark Carter (mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 27 16:37:39 EDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
> From: Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu>

> I'm puzzled by the warnings, where the same collection is named in two
> ways. Can you show the command line that produced this output?

raco setup carali

Actually, you can visit the root of the project at this link:
https://github.com/blippy/tacc/tree/master/scheme/carali
That will probably help a lot to see how things are structured.

To be honest, I'm a bit puzzled overall about how best to structure files. I conceive of carali as a package that I use often, split into various files logically. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to put rkt files in modules, or not. The way things should be laid out in my head is a bit vague, so I'm generally just "having a stab" at things the best way I can.

Am I right in thinking that "info.rkt" is a reserved file that is used by Racket to generate documentation?
And that "main.rkt" is a reserved file used by Racket to define a package's structure?

Also, what is the point of the of the second argument in module? For example, in access.rkt, the top of my file reads:
(module access racket
... )
"access" names my module. What does "racket" do? I've never figured that one out. Should I even be using modules in my packages?

Posted on the users mailing list.