[racket] Ohloh now sees racket

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Aug 25 23:05:08 EDT 2011

Doug Orleans wrote at 08/25/2011 09:52 PM:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Jos Koot <jos.koot at telefonica.net> wrote:
>
>> According to ohloh slightly more than one dollar per line.
>>

> At ten lines of code per day, those are some pretty low wages!

Hallelujah for underpaid grad students and professors!

But I usually avoid SLOC metrics.  Inferences are easily off by an order
of magnitude.  And that's before you account for behavior modified to
play to the metrics (Hawthorne effect).  But PHBs will draw fine
conclusions from SLOC because, presumably, exaggerating the value of
poor information is better than admitting that you really don't know.

Quoting a line from "https://www.ohloh.net/p/racket/estimated_cost":

> Estimated Cost    $ 18,420,891

To the precision of single dollars.  Like someone really doesn't care.

Racket might as well be on this site for any PHBs, but I'm not going to
be mentioning Ho'low in polite company.

(I'm not dissing COCOMO itself.  An organization I was with used it
successfully to estimate a new project many years ago, but there were
some smart people wielding the numbers.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/