[racket] Help On User Libraries - The Basics

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 21 13:49:51 EDT 2011

At Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:34:14 -0400, Ray Racine wrote:
> Given the example of a small collection of library utility code, how do I
> tell raco where it is located.  I know of the
> PLTCOLLECT environment variable trick but is that "the way"?

I don't like setting PLTCOLLECTS, and I have been considering adding a
`raco link' command that is analogous to `raco planet link', but for a
collection instead of a Planet package.

Planet was supposed to play the role that you have in mind for a
collection, which is why nothing like `raco link' currently exists. But
I think we're moving into a mode were we experiment with plain
collections, instead.

> First is confirmation that
> compile-collection-zos is broken as shouldn't the tiny example in the
> original post have worked?

Yes -- I've pushed a repair. (I guess no one noticed the problem before
because we all use `raco setup'.)

> Second, how do I tell racket to give a full
> stack trace?

It's on by default, but it works less well on some platforms. What
platform are you using?

Posted on the users mailing list.