[racket] Help On User Libraries - The Basics

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 21 12:56:29 EDT 2011

I think there might be confusion between "raco make" and "raco setup"?

Robby

On Sunday, August 21, 2011, Ray Racine <ray.racine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes.
> raco make either makes the entire racket default collection (and the one
in you home path which will ignore for now).  Or one can tell it to only
make a single library in the default collection,
> e.g., raco make compiler
> So by default raco doesn't "see" my collection at /code/rktlib.
> One trick is to planet "link" it, even though I'm not really using planet
libraries.
>  /usr/local/racket/bin/raco planet link rktlib  c1.plt 1 0 /code/rktlib/c1
> Then a raco make seems to first scan through all the racket collections
and then finally compiles my rktlib.  But most time I just want to raco make
my rktlib quickly.  However, trying to tell raco to just build my rktlib
fails.  "raco make rktlib" fails as it can't find my collection.
> The problem here is raco doesn't take any sort of arg parameter which is
the path to my rktlib collection.  Now I can work around this by setting the
PLTCOLLECTION environment var but I'm already 2 kludges deep into a rather
simple thing.  To compile a simple local collection, I first trick it as
some sort of planet development link and then stumble across that there is
this environment variable backdoor.
> In the past, I just shrug, go with it and figure I'm just missing
something.  This time I want to figure out where I keep wandering off the
reservation.
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel at soegaard.net>
wrote:

>> 2011/8/21 Ray Racine <ray.racine at gmail.com>
>>

>>> Works, so now compile it to zos.

>>> for-each: expects type <proper list> as 2nd argument, given: #<void>;
other arguments were: #<procedure:.../compiler/cm.rkt:594:4>