[racket] match in Advanced Student?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 21:30:55 EDT 2011

This is indeed a very confusing thread because we're talking about
requiring match but also requiring require, and while most "it"s refer
to a "require", some are to the former kind and some to the latter
kind.

Of course, what I'm trying to say is completely clear in my head, so
if you didn't understand it, it must be your fault. (-:

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> The "it" in your second sentence does not refer to "match", I take it?
> (That took me a _long_ time to figure out :).
>
> Robby
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
>> As I said, I don't know how match is implemented.  It doesn't work for
>> constructs like *require* which have lots of sub-forms that are
>> actually *implemented* as top-level forms.  So if you just import
>> "require", all you get is "require" -- not all the sub-clauses.

Posted on the users mailing list.