[racket] Racket embedding / FFI "guide" docs?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Aug 7 09:01:17 EDT 2011

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote at 08/07/2011 08:03 AM:
>     2. There should be a discussion section on the bottom of each page.
>
> Solving 2) is easier than one might think. Disqus is a site that
> hosts discussion threads. A thread is is embedded into a page
> with a piece of with JavaScript. When the page is loaded the
> comments are fetched in the background. Each discussion thread
> gets its own id. This means that even though the documentation are
> generated and stored locally the same thread is loaded and shown for
> everyone. ( http://docs.disqus.com/help/14/ )
> It also means that is possible to associate a discussion thread
> to, say, each page or function, and to keep the dicussion thread
> in the event the documentation is rearranged.

* After a little thought, I've decided that I don't want random people's
comments or discussion in my Racket manuals.  A simple HTML "a" element
feedback link on each page would be OK with me (but I'm not the person
who would have to spend time triaging the feedback thus submitted).

* Not only do I not want "disqus.com" or similar service to be able to
track every documentation page I look at, but those services are almost
always hooked into multiple larger cross-site user tracking/profiling
setups (e.g., Facebook's, Google's, various ad networks).  (If one is
from Denmark, which I understand is an extremely nice place, one might
have trouble believing the moral flexibilities of Internet companies
elsewhere.)  So, if local documentation page views or searches call out
to the Internet, either there should be an easy and reliable way to opt
out of this (not an opt-out browser cookie), or I will have to write a
PLaneT package that constantly decontaminates a user's local
documentation, and that has a marginally offensive name.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/