[racket] Racket v5.1.2

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Aug 3 23:54:11 EDT 2011

Eli Barzilay wrote at 08/03/2011 10:45 PM:
> These are the guidelines we're using:

OK.  Thanks for the info.  Sounds reasonable.

>> when, say, I have a dependency on "racket/places", and want to
>> specify the minimum Racket version I require (i.e., "5.2" rather
>> than "5.1.2").
>>

> The best way to deal with these is to use a precise version number
> (even if it's an unreleased four-part version) with the result of
> `version->integer' from `version/utils'.

I guess I don't mind sounding encylopedically nerdy when I later tell
someone, speaking from memory, "Ah yes, Places support was added in
*version five dot one dot two*," with a precision cadence for each part
of the version number.  It beats having to say goofy Ubuntuesque version
names like "Rambunctious Rabbit":  "Affirmative, sir.  Staging servers
have been validated with Racket version Randy Rottweiler, and are ready
for production deployment."

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/