[racket] SU(2) and friends

From: Paul Ellis (pellis at london.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 22 15:08:08 EDT 2011

Many thanks for the continuing interest.

As you say, the 2nd is closer to my level and more accessible to me.
(The first is likely to take me rather longer to be able to tackle.)

Something  I came across in the late Pertti Lounesto's "Clifford
Algebras and Spinors" (2e, 2001; ISBN 0-521-00551-5), which resembles
your 2nd ref,  makes statements such as:

"In general, a rotation in R^4 has two invariant planes which are
completely orthogonal, in particular they have only one point in
common." ( p. 83)

and

"There are three different kinds of rotations in four dimensions..." (p.
89).

Do you think there are any references to spaces of two complex
dimensions that make statements of this sort? Or maybe I should be
working them out for myself.