[racket] .racketrc question

From: Anurag Mendhekar (mendhekar at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 21:09:04 EDT 2011

I'm having trouble understanding how .racketrc works. I'm trying to define
the character λ to be 'lambda' as follows to be globally available, through
the .racketrc.

(define-syntax λ
    (syntax-rules ()
       ((_ args body ...)
       (lambda args body ...))))

This first basic attempt of adding this definition to .racketrc does not
work. The definition is not available at the prompt, or in other modules. I
tried a few other things, but nothing seems to have worked. What's the best
way to put in globally available syntax definitions through the .racketrc?
 Or, is there another way of doing this that is more in line with Racket
paradigms?

Thanks,

A.