[racket] Some newbie trouble on running Web Server on EC 2

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Apr 22 00:27:35 EDT 2011

Danny Yoo wrote at 04/21/2011 11:16 PM:
>> Is the help mainly for simpler #lang like Beg Stud? (#lang racket seems to have lots of place where [ appears and inside xexpr as well. So it may not be all that easy to keep track for Dr, I am guessing.)
>>

> It is meant to enforce a particular paren style for Racket.  I'd say it's more of a general Racket convention than a Beginner Student convention, since it helps professional Racketeers as well.

The use of square brackets is a convention popular among core Racket
developers.  However, the Racket language does not require square
brackets.  If you do not find the square brackets helpful, you may
choose to use only parentheses.

Please be warned that, if you do not use square brackets, then people
will think you are not a truly pure Racket developer, untainted by other
Lisp traditions.  Square brackets are how Racketeers recognize each
other in the broader world -- like how other self-identifying groups
wear gang colors bandanas, cowboy boots, or Red Sox caps.

For marketing purposes, the Racket "Beginning Student" language should
be renamed the "Big Stud" language.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/