[racket] question on OpenGL support

From: Jay Kominek (kominek at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 8 23:51:48 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that's pretty accurate. I do a relatively large amount of GL
> programming and our library does not cover very much of it at all. My
> personal opinion is that it is better invest time in to good FFI
> generation tools (parsing C headers and interactively generating an
> API), then brute-force generation of FFIs for each thing.

If anyone is interested, the OpenGL APIs, all the versions, all the
extensions, are described in some fairly parseable files available
from http://www.opengl.org/registry/ - look for the .spec files
towards the bottom. I'm pretty sure you should be able to generate the
bindings from those files, and more easily than dealing with C
headers.

--
Jay Kominek