[racket] require url?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Apr 8 09:26:57 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Eric Tanter <etanter at dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to require a file given a URL:
> eg.
> (require (url "http://tmp.barzilay.org/defmac.ss"))

Could be useful.  You'd have to use caution in what URLs you reference,
since it's pretty much executing arbitrary code.  And, unless you were
always on a trusted network including trusted DNS, you'd want to use
HTTPS and a trusted CA list.  At that point, it becomes less lightweight.

> I know that the best option is a planet package, but that's a bit heavyweight for my current needs.

Would be good to have PLaneT support multiple repositories, such as
organization- and project-specific ones.

If PLaneT supported multiple repositories, a side-effect is that the
user's process of deploying via PLaneT could be made very lightweight
for the non-public repositories.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/