[racket] in-line documentation program? Like Javadoc or Doxygen

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 5 16:44:01 EDT 2011

I've hit the noweb documentations several times, and bounced each time.

robodoc looks like it might be suitable, but I was hoping? expecting?
that there would be some standard approach.  (With robodoc each person
must define their own markup flags for lisp, as it's not a standardly
supported language.  This is inferior to having a standard for what
indicates a function name, etc.)

When I look at the examples of Scribble literate programming, they seem
to make the code obscure in the original file.  This is not at all what
I want.  The documentation is documentation <i>of the code</i>.  It's
the code that's the important thing.  The documentation is just to make
it easy to find, and to use.  Internal comments are to make it easier to
understand in detail.  But it's the code that is primary, and anything
that obscures it is NOT what I want.  (One of the problems I have with
robodoc is that it's too verbose when you write it, but it's simple and
unintrusive compared to the examples I've seen of noweb or embedded
Scribble.)

I was really looking for something simple like Doxygen or Javadoc.
Something that steps through the code, looks at comments, and pulls out
of marked comments into a documentation file.   (Well, the programs
might not be simple, but how you mark-up the code for them is.)