[racket] in-line documentation program? Like Javadoc or Doxygen

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 5 14:51:42 EDT 2011

Is there there a program roughly similar to doxygen or javadoc for
Scheme or Racket?

I know myself to well to believe that I will document something, and
keep the documentation current, unless it is right next to the code
being documented.  (It didn't work in Fortran or C when that's one of
the things I was being paid to do, so it's not likely to work now.)  But
javadoc and doxygen are things I find easy to just update the
documentation when I change the code.   If I understand correctly
Scribble wants the documentation to be in a separate file, so I need a
different method.

 From past history I prefer documentation embedded in comments preceding
the code item that it documents.  I never did take to Python
documentation strings.  And I'd like to be able to produce two kinds of
documentation:  one that documents everything and one that only
documents externally visible items.  My ideal output forms are HTML and
odt (OpenOffice) files.

Posted on the users mailing list.