[racket] Racket on Racket?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 22 11:41:15 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

As you previously had answered, there is a precedent for hosting other
languages on top of Racket by compiling their syntax down to Racket.
What got me thinking other languages on Racket was Shriram's P4P
article, and also to some degree a discussion surrounding Gambit's
SIX. So, I have some hopefully not too dumb questions about the topic:

Would PLT have anything to gain from providing a non-parenthesized
language created specifically for Racket? What I mean is take Racket,
remove the stuff too hard to do without parens, and offer that up as
an "official" Racket language. This is not the same as implementing
Java on Racket.

How difficult would it be to "come up with" such a language? I'm
totally ignorant regarding language design. Would it be interesting...
or boring and a waste of time?

Best wishes,

Grant Rettke

--