[racket] TR error message

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 22 07:39:45 EDT 2010

Sorry, I still didn't get an answer to my basic question, which is how
to READ this message.

There are two things on each line, which seems to match the fact that
I called it with two args, except the last line has many more than two
things.

Also, calling < with three Number arguments still gives two per line,
which suggests that is not an explanation -- the line breaks are
irrelevant.

If the line-breaks don't mean anything, and the whole thing should be
thought of as one set, why are several things repeated in the set?

If these are meant to represent argument tuples, which are the tuples,
and why aren't these symmetric?  Surely symmetry isn't a problem for
the optimizer.  Perhaps it is some sort of reduced form?

I simply don't understand the error message.  I don't even know how to
***parse*** it.  Once I do, your and Sam's messages will be very
informative.

Thanks.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.