[racket] Scripting on the Mac

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 03:10:13 EDT 2010

Several years ago (in other words, I don't remember exactly what I was doing), I used PLT's 'process' and 'system' commands to access the Open Scripting Architecture essentially from the command line. It was slightly tricky to get the responses back into Scheme, but I do remember that the amount of code development was almost nothing. It was fun, too. DrScheme's timing was good enough that I had the voice software 'singing' stuff like Row Row Row your boat 'in a round', simply by using classic Scheme primitives and threaded process (or system) calls.

I never pursued an OSAX solution due to the success of the above (I was doing it for more important reasons than the fun), and now I don't do stuff like that at all.

rac