[racket] keyboard input help?

From: Isaiah Gilliland (jonsulred at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 01:16:11 EDT 2010

I was wanting to see if there was at all a way to do asynchronous input from
a keyboard in racket. Kinda like tcp-listen, that won't freeze up the
program while it's used, and won't show in the terminal. I've just finished
my first small utility in Scheme and want to move to something a bit more
complicated. I'm going to try to create a cli text editor with a focus on
lisp programming, but possibly able to extend to other languages.
The reason I want input straight from the keyboard is because I want to
process the input for paren matching and do some formating before I print
it. I guess I'm wondering if there is a way I can listen to keyboard events
directly.
Any info whatsoever would help me a lot, thanks