[racket] Java Conversion Utility [very very early stages]

From: namekuseijin (namekuseijin at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 14:09:43 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> Moby this year is a total rewrite.  It implements the Racket VM in
> JavaScript (except, of course, it doesn't have all the gazillion
> primitive operations) -- and is getting control primitives, much of
> the module system, etc.

moby and wescheme sound like truly amazing ideas full of potential.
It's indeed true that many VMs are being ported to javascript and the
prospect of writing web apps in your favorite language rather than
javascript is sweet.

Just want to point out that I've not been able to evaluate even a
simple expression such as (+ 1 2) in either definitions or
interactions window in IE8:  it produces no output.  I hate IE as much
as anyone, but it is what comes with most people desktops...

The rest of the javascript interface, complete with syntax highlight
and parens-matching works fine.

sorry for the off-topic in this mailing-list...

Posted on the users mailing list.