[racket] Java Conversion Utility [very very early stages]

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Sep 18 19:52:00 EDT 2010

Mathew Kurian wrote at 09/18/2010 07:24 PM:
 > I am still going through lists of racket and java code to find
similarities...I have seen many similarities and started to implement
these similarities.

As you convert more Racket to Java, I bet you'll find that it's a hard
problem, and that you'll have to read up on some very clever techniques
that people have come up with before for the hardest parts of
implementing Racket-like languages.

Also, don't be surprised if the GUI gets in the way of solving this
inherently non-GUI problem.  Test cases and the DrRacket interactions
window are your friends.

 > The question i would like to ask you all is: What features would you
all like to see or what features do you most admire in any sort of compiler?

I would love to see a tool that lets me write Android apps using
Racket.  Perhaps the tool would convert Racket source code to Android
Java-ish source code, or perhaps convert Racket source code to Android's
JVM-ish virtual machine code.  Such a tool would be a lot of work for
someone to build, but it would be one of my favorite and most awesome
tools once it worked.  I imagine that whoever was able to build this
would have already done HtDP, and would be looking at PLAI as well as
existing related tools like SISC.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/