[racket] News flash! Racket once again a legal choice for developing iPhone apps!

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Sep 14 00:01:39 EDT 2010

John Clements wrote at 09/13/2010 11:44 PM:
> Again, this change would seem to be designed to allow developers to create and use their own interpreted languages within apps, as long as they aren't downloaded, which would open up a gaping security hole.

I think that is not so much about security, and more about Apple keeping
a stranglehold on the platform.  Which means ongoing antitrust abuses in
what does and does not get on the platform, as well as getting a cut of
any layered software business (because they can force you to give them a
cut).

IMHO, the iPhone is still a platform to avoid developing for, unless you
really must be on it.

I am speaking of software development in general here.  Some
Racket-related project might well have a pragmatic reason to lend aid
and comfort to the iPhone (e.g., a desire to run on *all* the platforms
that students use).

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/