[racket] Creating protocols

From: Mark Carter (mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 8 09:25:10 EDT 2010

Suppose I wanted to make a client/server application that communicates via a
protocol which has to be designed for that application. A neat way of doing it
would be for the client to send s-exprs to the server via TCP, which were then
evaluated. This is a huge security risk, though, because naturally you don't
want a malicious client injecting all sorts non-protocol commands to the
evaluator, or maybe exploiting some quirk to do some damage. I don't know much
about Tcl, but I hear that it has a bullet-proof customisable interpreter for
just such a scenario. Is there an equivalent for DrRacket (ideally with some
simple examples) to do this kind of thing?

Posted on the users mailing list.