[racket] missing error location info in racket

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 1 21:07:33 EDT 2010

Yes, this is a a rough one.  You know the error is out there ... somewhere ...

Another one is exception traces not printing with a writer output
stream is closed error.  Reports correctly in DrRacket, its at the
command line the problem is visible.  I'll create a reproducible case
later this evening.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <jao at gnu.org> wrote:

> In Racket 5.0.1, with, say, f.rkt containing:
>
>   #lang racket
>   (provide bar)
>   (define (foo x) x)
>   (define (bar) (foo))
>
> requiring f.rkt at racket's textual REPL via `(require (file "f.rkt"))'
> works fine (as expected) and calling `(bar)' gives an error (again as
> expected); but the error message does not include any location
> information (neither the file nor the line):
>
>> (bar)
> procedure foo: expects 1 argument, given 0
>
>  === context ===
> /usr/local/plt/collects/racket/private/misc.rkt:74:7
>

> I'm not sure if this is a regression, but, anyway, i was expecting that
> information in the error message.
>
> Cheers,
> jao

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius