[racket] [BULK] 2htdp/image Sierpinski

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 31 15:51:53 EDT 2010

On Oct 31, 2010, at 12:18 AM, Gregor Kiczales wrote:

> Also I would have thought that 'forcing' the image by actually
> drawing it would save the bitmap so that future drawing was faster.
> But I may not understand how this is actually working.

I suggested something like this some months ago -- specifically, a
graphics function named "cache-bitmap" or something like that, which
acts like the identity function, but when it is rendered, it
remembers the bitmap for future reference.  If it appeared in the
middle of an image tree, it would effectively mean "traverse my
subtree only the first time you render me; after that, use the cached
bitmap instead."

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu