[racket] 2htdp/image Sierpinski

From: Marc L. Smith (mlsmith at cs.vassar.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 31 09:44:13 EDT 2010

I adapted the Sierpinski example from the racket-lang.org home page for
Intermediate Student Language. The parameter represents recursive depth,
which requires no division and a single local definition. If it weren't for
the local, this would be a BSL program:

(require 2htdp/image)

;; Examples
(define st0 (triangle 16 'solid 'red))
(define st1 (above st0 (beside st0 st0)))

;; Tests
(check-expect (ski 0) st0)
(check-expect (ski 1) st1)

;; number -> image
;; Draws Sierpinski Triangle to given recursive depth
(define (ski n)
  (cond
    [(zero? n) (triangle 16 'solid 'red)]
    [else (local ((define next (ski (- n 1))))
            (above next (beside next next)))]))

;; Draw Sierpinski Triangles to different recursive depths
(ski 0)
(ski 1)
(ski 2)
(ski 3)