[racket] xml web services

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Oct 19 17:31:05 EDT 2010

jv j wrote at 10/19/2010 05:17 PM:
> Is it possible to invoke soap xml web service from Racket language ?

Yes.  I'm not aware of any current SOAP-specific libraries, but in most
cases you just do an HTTP POST of some XML text (or perhaps just a
REST-ful HTTP GET), and then you extract the info you need from the
returned XML.

My favorite way to do the extraction from the returned XML is to use
Oleg Kiselyov's and Dmitri Lizorkin's SSAX and SXPath, together with Jim
Bender's "sxml-match".  All of these packages are in PLaneT.

I don't recommend using SOAP unless you have to.  But if you have to,
you can do it in Racket.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/