[racket] racket vs. racket/base

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Oct 16 16:31:02 EDT 2010

Sam Phillips wrote at 10/16/2010 02:52 PM:
> Is there a useful rule of thumb for deciding if a module should be in
> the racket language or the racket/base language?

I, for one, always use "racket/base".

In a sidebar alongside the table of contents of the Reference (nope,
it's not an ad, nor a tangential aside) is a summary of what's in
"racket" beyond "racket/base".

Saying "#lang racket" and getting *everything* gives good demo, I guess,
but I prefer to have a smaller base language, and to explicitly identify
within each module what additions to the base language are used.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/