[racket] Fast Fourier Transform

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Oct 14 12:53:55 EDT 2010

On Oct 14, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Everett Morse wrote:

> Does anyone know a good FFT implementation in Racket?  Or bindings to something like FFTW would work.  All I've found in 30 min of Googling is toy examples of 1D FFT.  The Larceny project's benchmark fft is also 1D and I haven't quite figured out how to use it anyway. I will need both 1D and 2D.
>
> I'm sure other people have needed this before, so I would have expected a PLaneT package, but I didn't see one there.  Am I blind?

You're not blind.

About a year ago, Doug Williams ported the Gnu Scientific Library 1D FFT to Racket. He shared that code with me, but hasn't yet made it a part of the science collection.

In fact, you can get that code today, by downloading the "clements/rsound" library; the file "fft.rkt" is essentially Doug's code, with one or two very small modifications.  Note that to the best of my knowledge, it's 1D only.

(require (planet clements/rsound/fft))

At some point, I expect this code to become a part of (planet williams/science).

John Clements