[racket] a small programming exercise

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 14 12:18:49 EDT 2010

It would seem TR should not take much longer than regular Run.  (I'm
not aware of it performing any sophisticated non-linear
interprocedural computations, which would serve as an *intrinsic*
cause for significant delay.)  I presume this gap is caused by what
you're calling the absence of an "optimistic make".

If the two times could be made similar, I don't think there'd need for
any of this fanciness (with the attendant complexity, potential for
bugs, etc).

Is the delay in TR in any way related to the fact Check Syntax also
takes a while to run -- imo, much longer than one might like?  (Though
there, the coloring of the buffer and creation of arrows, etc., may
also have an impact...but again, for small programs?)

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.