[racket] interactive.rkt

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 23:15:41 EDT 2010

I've been trying something lately that, although it doesn't need to be
hard real time, "really timely" would be good. Or at least, evenly
timely.

As a result I've been keeping an eye on the GC log-debugs, curious
about the patterns.

I'll see a series of minor GCs that are <30 msec each (no problem),
punctuated by occasional major GCs that are 700+ msec. Sometimes even
two such majors in a row, approaching 1.5 secs combined. i.e. Really
untimely. And unevenly: When and why it will happen, is not
predictable, a puzzle so far.

I think that's why the collect-garbage calls caught my eye.