[racket] Servlets and forms

From: Markku Rontu (markku.rontu at iki.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 9 14:35:42 EDT 2010

Hello,

I've been experimenting with the web servlets lately and I'm not sure how I
should be handling forms. The documentation guides me to use formlets
instead of bindings but the library seems rather incomplete. I mean based on
the source it seems to be missing radio buttons and files, for example. Also
the documentation seems to refer mostly to an older version with
input-string etc. Using bindings is not a problem itself, it's what I'm used
to in Java-land but then again I have to build a complete framework on top
of it to handle everything properly.

I managed to get simple formlets working as well as the direct bindings but
where am I supposed to do validation? Guess I do need to build the framework
myself?

If somebody has some useful pointers or best practices, I'd appreciate it.
Or is there some framework I'm missing? What's in it for the formlets in the
future? Where is the active development now?

-Markku