[racket] Buttons on the toolbar don't appear

From: Nadeem Abdul Hamid (nadeem at acm.org)
Date: Sat Oct 2 10:42:05 EDT 2010

No, I actually have to edit the #lang line. I just tried this on a
Windows machine running DrRacket, version 5.0.1.5--2010-09-09 with the
file I sent and get the same behavior. Switching languages -- say from
"Determine language from source" to "Beginner student language"
doesn't help -- when I switch to BSL, the "step" and "check syntax"
buttons appear, but then disappear when I switch back. If I just click
on the #lang line and type a space, though, the buttons appear.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

>>> This bug I've heard about, but I'm not able to make it happen myself
>>> (if you know how then I guess it would probably be easy to fix).
>>
>> I can confirm both bugs. They happen on occasion, but not a repeatable
>> basis. (So I don't report.)
>
> When you are in this state (the first bug), does simply moving the
> mouse over where the buttons are supposed to be make them reappear
> (that, or resizing the window)? Or do you have to edit #lang-line
> portion of the editor? (The latter actually removes and re-installs
> buttons; the former would correspond to some kind of updating bug in
> the button's callbacks.)
>
> Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.