[racket] Plea for neologism

From: Joe Marshall (jmarshall at alum.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 17:27:39 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Don Blaheta <dblaheta at monm.edu> wrote:

> To turn it around, if I hand you a compositional expression, I also hand
> you the syntax rule and the values of all evaluable sub-expressions,
> then you can 100% reliably hand back the value of the overall
> expression, and this seems to be the core desideratum when people start
> talking about hygienic macro system.

That's sort of what I was trying to get at, but I don't think that definition is
strict enough.  That's why I phrased it in terms of alpha-renaming.  Basically,
you should be able to alpha-rename the identifiers you introduce in
your own code
without fear of name collision from a macro, and the macro writer should be able
to do the same.

--
~jrm