[racket] Plea for neologism (was: Re: letoverlambda)

From: Richard Lawrence (richard.lawrence at berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 13:38:59 EST 2010

Richard Cleis <rcleis at mac.com> writes:

> These two threads remind me of an observation that I wish I could cite:
>
> "Debugging programs is harder than writing programs. Those who write
> programs at the limits of their ability are unqualified to debug
> them."

You might be thinking of this:

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."  (Brian W. Kernighan
and P. J. Plauger in The Elements of Programming Style.) [1]

[1] http://quotes.cat-v.org/programming

Best,
Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.