[racket] ssl-listener not an evt?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 17 15:19:26 EST 2010

At Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:50:05 +0000, Tim Brown wrote:
> I'm embarking on an SSL server, using a 'sync' loop to handle
> my ports.
>
> However, 'sync' requires evt?... as its arguments, and my SSL listener
> ports do not conform to the evt? contract.

I've pushed a fix to make SSL listeners work as events.

An SSL listener becomes ready when the underlying TCP listener is
ready, which is not the same as knowing that `ssl-accept' will return.
If the TCP listener is ready, `ssl-accept' will be able to accept the
TCP connection, but the initial SSL communication may take much longer,
depending on the other end of the connection.

If that's not good enough for your purposes, then the best solution is
probably to use `tcp-listen', `tcp-accept', and `ports->ssl-ports'.

Posted on the users mailing list.