[racket] duplicate/copy a namespace

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 8 18:08:22 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I think you're right that there's currently no way to duplicate a
> namespace. Maybe we could add additional reflective operations, but
> it's easy to add too much in this space.
>
> Can you say more about how duplicating a namespace would be useful?

I was trying to create my own module system and wanted to leverage the
existing infrastructures of eval and namespaces.  Since each module
basically has its own namespaces and I did not want to have to create a
brand new namespace for each module (so that way the structs and parameters
are not evaluated multiple times), hence I was seeking a way to duplicate
the namespaces.

If the above thought process is not exactly how it works, please let me know
too. Thanks.
yc