[racket] Math Guidance

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 4 10:01:22 EDT 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 9:45 AM, wooks . wrote:

> Unless you are headed for CS grad school or  are Google/Microsoft material (by ability or by being in a brand name school) nobody really cares about your CS degree.

I think this is an overly narrow perspective.

NEU works with a lot of co-op employers (100s) and almost all of them care about high quality programming. Indeed, they forced NEU to re-train MS students when they enter because the typical NEU/MS co-op student wasn't as good as the undergraduates we produce.

I am sure there are companies that don't care what kind of software they produce but there is a dearth of good programmers as far as our co-op employers are concerned.

-- Matthias