[racket] Math Guidance

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Nov 4 08:47:57 EDT 2010

I have been telling students for years to take bio/med classes in
addition to CS ones, since bio/med has seemed to be one of the hottest
places to be going.

However, CS grads being disproportionately unemployed is surprising, and
I am skeptical.  I'd have to see the study.

(Perhaps that pool includes a large number of people with CS degrees who
are not competent?  Perhaps the people with CS degrees in that pool are
more likely to be voluntarily unemployed for some reason?  Perhaps it's
their definition of "unemployment", since, for example, one prominent US
definition drops people who have been unemployed for a long period or
who are otherwise considered to have stopped looking for work, so more
employable degrees might be reflected with higher numbers in an economic
downturn, if other degrees had already given up.  Perhaps they define
"CS" in a way that's not so useful to people who are above-average
software developers?)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/