[plt-scheme] Typed scheme: Cannot apply expression of type Procedure, since it is not a function type

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Sat May 29 02:48:53 EDT 2010

You're getting up even earlier than me on a Saturday :-;

> type Fun = Plus Number Number -> Number | Minus Number Number ->
> Number | String-Append String String -> String | ...

 I just wonder how I get at the "procedure code" (scheme function) in this case? Wouldn't I still have the problem of extracting the code and making it look as something "applicable"/"executable" to TR?

In fact I have already something for arithmetic and boolean Operators, where  I use a helper function for this:

(define-datatype Arith-Op
  (Plus #:constant _+)
  (Min #:constant _-)
  (Tim #:constant _*)
  (Div #:constant _/))
(define-predicate Arith-Op? Arith-Op)

(: get-arith-function (Arith-Op -> (Value Value -> Value)))
(define get-arith-function
  (lambda (op)
    (cond ((eq? op _+) add)
          ((eq? op _-) sub)
          ((eq? op _*) mul)
          ((eq? op _/) div)
          (else (error "get-arith-function: Operator not known: " op)))))

(define-type Operator (U Arith-Op Bool-Op))

(: get-op-function (Operator -> (U (Value Value -> Value)(Value Value -> Boolean))))
(define get-op-function
  (lambda (op)
    (cond ((Arith-Op? op) (get-arith-function op))
          ((Bool-Op? op) (get-comp-function op)))))

I guess I could do it for functions in the same way, too... unless there's a more elegant way?

Thanks for your help,
Sigrid