[plt-scheme] udp-connected?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon May 17 18:20:00 EDT 2010

At Mon, 17 May 2010 12:02:36 -1000, Richard Cleis wrote:
> If udp-connect is attemped (to a remote computer) when the network is
> not 'plugged in', udp-connected? returns true anyway.  Is that the
> intended behavior?

Yes.

UDP can't really say anything about the state of the physical network.
I highly recommend "TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume I" or some other such
reference on TCP and UDP. The PLT Scheme documentation uses standard
terminology, such as "connected", but the standard terms aren't always
obvious --- and the PLT Scheme documentation doesn't try to explain TCP
or UDP.

Posted on the users mailing list.