[plt-scheme] racket

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 28 19:44:44 EDT 2010

At Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:47:25 -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> It is close to April 1.

That line was the only joke!

Here's the web page explaining the reasons for the name change:

  http://www.plt-racket.org/new-name.html

When we really advertise Racket to the world, though, we want to start
with what Racket is (i.e., a powerful programming language with lots of
libraries and tool support) instead of what it isn't (i.e., "Scheme" as
the language is often defined). To do that effectively, we need
something with the Racket name that people can download. That's why we
haven't posted before on this mailing list, and that's why you won't
see much on this mailing list until we're close to the release.

If you're interested in helping out, hop on over to plt-dev. That's
where we discuss how to get Racket ready.

Posted on the users mailing list.