[plt-scheme] Re: question of a casual drscheme (v. 424) user

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 22:15:26 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 09:39:40AM -0700, John Clements wrote:

> I have a student here at Cal Poly, Josh Robinson, who's interested in
> building a tool that could collect common errors in a central database
> and allow users to link common errors to common solutions.  This is
> currently 100% vaporware, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone
> who has feature suggestions for such a tool.

IBM had such a tool for dealing with user problems in OS/2.  You ended
up going through a decision tree (that I suspect was lovingly
hand-crafted) and either ended up with a solution, a known bug
(sometimes with a workaround) or a request to contact customer support.

It worked.  Is there still anyone around who still knows how that system
was built and maintained?  Was it ever writton up, say, in the IBM
Systems Journal?

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.