[plt-scheme] Problem building and running on Solaris 10

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Mar 17 16:04:54 EDT 2010

On Mar 17, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:59:09 -0400, Mike VanHorn wrote:
> > When I build plt-4.2.4 on a Solaris 10 x86 machine, I use the
> > --disable-foreign flag for the configure script.
>
> It seems that DrScheme now relies in some way on the FFI. We use the
> FFI more and more, so that's not too surprising.
>
> Johan Coppieters recently supplied a patch to make the build work
> for Solaris 10 (thanks, Johan!), and we have applied the patch for
> our next version. Meanwhile, I'm enclosing a variant of Johan's
> patch; the patch should be applied in "plt/src/foreign", and it
> should work on the v4.2.4 sources so that you don't need
> `--disable-foreign'. Please let me know if I got something wrong and
> it doesn't work.

(Another thing to consider when applying this patch would be the
src/foreign/README file where I tried to make our patches replayable
to make it easier to upgrade libffi.)

But in any case, it seems like libffi lives on github these days, and
there's a number of updates that we don't have.  So maybe it's better
to just upgrade our libffi copy to that version?  (After 4.2.5)